Paul Schatzberger made most of his photographs from 35mm or 6x7cm film negatives or transparencies until 2005, when the quality of digital photographs began to meet his needs and he started using digital equipment for new work.
Paul now prints each photograph individually using pigment inks on archival quality fibre-based papers with a traditional semi-gloss finish, making contemporary prints using digital technology while avoiding artificial manipulation and remaining faithful to the original image.
The photograph is mounted in acid-free conservation board, signed by the artist at the time of printing, and may include a purpose-made hardwood frame.
A small number of vintage hand-made silver gelatin prints and larger C-type darkroom prints are also available.
Paul recently returned to photochemistry, working briefly with remaining stocks of obsolete peel-apart instant film (until his vintage Polaroid camera died), and now occasionally using the cyanotype process—when the sun shines.
Original limited edition exhibition prints for sale
- Size: image size typically from 38 x 25 cm to 58 x 41 cm, with corresponding frame sizes from 56 x 44 cm to 80 x 60 cm.
- Editions: usually 5, 10 or 20. Each work is numbered, signed, and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Prices (GB Pounds): mounted, signed and numbered on the mount, from £150 ready for framing; from £225 including bespoke hardwood frame.
- Smaller limited edition works in ready-made frames also available from £50.
- VAT does not apply. Delivery extra.
- Please note that the price rises as the edition shrinks.
Smaller original signed photographs
- Size: 25.4 x 20.3 cm overall, to fit standard 10 x 8 inch frame.
- Made to order from any photograph, open editions of smaller archival prints of equal quality to the exhibition prints, signed on the reverse, printed with white border ready for framing. Price £25.
Reduced price prints & clearance sale
A selection of limited edition exhibition prints at reduced prices, including first editions, is always available at the Carr Road studio gallery. Bargain corner offers clearance items at £50 or less – some unique works that I’m unlikely to re-print. I simply need the space.
Central Park, A6 size, blank inside. All proceeds go to Jessie’s Fund. Price £1.50 each incl. envelope or £6.00 for pack of five, available from the Carr Road studio gallery, at shows, or contact Paul.
Paul Schatzberger also welcomes commissions. For enquiries please email or telephone (see Contact).
All images © Paul Schatzberger.
May not be copied or reproduced for any purpose unless authorised.